With the Internet, new educational technology trends, and innovative ideas, there’s no doubt that education is changing. And while many educators and policymakers are focused on how technology will change teaching, learning, and education as a whole, there are countless other ways tech is influencing education.
Online learning will continue to grow. The COVID-19 pandemic has placed a renewed spotlight on online learning platforms and tools, accelerating educational technology trends that were already underway. As schools around the world look to add more distance learning tools to their toolkits, the demand for brands like Zoom is likely to continue growing.
Table Of Contents
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- 3D Printing
We will see more personalized learning platforms. Educational technology trends online learning platforms have the potential to be highly personalized and customized, but they need to be designed that way from the start. A number of educational institutions are now starting to build online learning platforms that feature personalized content streams and interactive elements that allow students to learn at their own pace and get help when they need it.
From e-commerce to MOOCs, technology has changed the way students learn and teachers teach. Here are The Best 5 Educational Technology Trends In 2022-2023
1. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming how the world works today. AI technology has been implemented in nearly every industry, and education is no exception. As educational technology trends continue to advance, more and more educators are beginning to integrate AI into their classrooms.
Here are some AI trends to watch out for in 2022-2023:
1. AI-based adaptive learning will be more prevalent in K-12 schools
2. AI will be used more to facilitate social and emotional learning in schools
3. Expect more smart devices that track behavior and learning stats
4. There will be more schools using AI to create personalized curricula and paths to graduation
5. Expect more data-driven approaches to tracking school safety incidents
6. More schools will use AI to monitor student progress toward achievement goals
7. Expect more colleges and employers to use AI to screen applicants’ online footprints.
However, artificial intelligence in education is often misunderstood by both teachers and students. For instance, many teachers think that AI will replace them rather than assist them. Similarly, some students believe that AI will replace the need for human interaction in the classroom. Although these educational technology Trends assumptions are not entirely incorrect, they are perhaps a bit premature.
2. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are increasingly being used to support educational technology trends in learning higher education. By overlaying virtual objects onto the physical world, AR systems can help students visualize what they are learning in a way that traditional teaching methods cannot. Similarly, by immersing students in a fully synthetic environment, VR can provide heightened levels of engagement, making it possible to simulate situations that might not be possible or desirable to do in real life.
However, despite widespread interest from educators, there is limited evidence about how AR and VR can be effectively used for teaching and learning. To address this gap in our knowledge, Jisc commissioned a series of reports on the state of the art in AR and VR for education.
The first report in the series focuses on augmented reality, identifying eight educational technology trends in the use of AR technologies for teaching and learning:
- Spatial audio-based interactions.
- Visualization of complex, abstract data sets.
- Visualization of data over time.
- Immersive simulations for language learning.
- Physical-virtual interaction techniques using environmental sensors.
- Immersive simulations of cultural heritage sites.
- Augmented social interaction through avatars and puppeteering techniques.
These educational technology trends have existed long enough to prove their value and become a mainstay in the education sector, but they are also still developing and improved, which means that there is still the potential for them to be a stronger tool to learn.
3. 3D printing
In the future, it will be more popular to use 3D printers for educational purposes. In 2022, the market for 3D printing technology in the education sector will reach $ 1 billion, according to an analysis by Smartech Publishing. This is equivalent to 35% of all 3D printer sales and related services and materials in this industry.
The report notes that although there are many educational institutions that already have 3D printers, the number is small compared to all educational institutions. Most of them are colleges and universities. The average expenditure for 3D printing educational technology trends in schools is around 10 million dollars per year, which will increase in the future by almost four times.
According to experts, demand will be encouraged mainly by government funding programs designed to promote new technology and encourage innovation in school education.
The main types of equipment that are currently used or will be used immediately are:
- filament-based equipment (the most common type);
- laser sinter equipment;
- multi-jet equipment;
- Equipment based on the reaction of photoplay (stereolithography).
A few years ago, 3D printing seemed like something from a far future. However, today is within the reach of many schools and universities. What’s more, he comes with many uses of education that will make learning more attractive to students and more effective for teachers.
3D printing is also proven to be useful for students with learning disabilities because it allows them to experience direct learning that they may not be able to do the opposite.
Robotics has become a big priority in modern education. Students not only enjoy learning about robotics, but this activity also helps them develop their technical and creative skills in preparation for future work.
Robotics will be one of the best educational technology trends in 2022-2023. Experts estimate that students who are exposed to robotics at a young age will be more likely to pursue a career stem (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) in the future.
By starting with robotics now, you can prepare the next generation for success. In this article, we will explore eight fun ways to integrate robotics into your class.
Robotics in education
1. Encourage collaboration among students
2. Helps develop problem-solving, computing thinking, and data analysis skills
3. Improve communication, sharing information, and teamwork
4. Encourage creativity, initiative, and entrepreneurship
5. Reducing school dropout rates
6. Encourage self-study
7. Stimulates the development of knowledge in various fields at the same time (Mathematics, Technology, Engineering, Programming)
The robot is the future of education and the world. We bring the best in robotics education kits and accessories to schools around the world.
The Gamification Educational Technology Trends Market is anticipated to get an attraction during the estimated period due to factors such as increasing demand for automation, increasing the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in the learning and development sector, and increasing investment by companies in increasing their digital presence.
According to a study conducted by the National Skills Coalition (NSC), around 6.4 million jobs in the US were not filled due to a lack of skilled labor. This report also shows that around 36% of entrepreneurs cannot find skilled workers for their business. Thus, it has become important for educational organizations and institutions to adopt gamification solutions for training and development purposes.
Gamification functions because it uses the same psychological process that motivates people when playing games. These include:
- Intrinsic Motivation – A desire for personal satisfaction and achievement
- Extrinsic Motivation – The desire to get an award from others
- Social Facilitation – The desire to perform better when competing against others
- Power of positive reinforcement – this encourages students to repeat actions that produce useful results.
- The goal of gamification is to make students interested in their studies by giving them a goal and achievement.
Adoption that develops educational technology trends from game-based training solutions in all large companies is expected to encourage market growth during the estimated period. For example, in March 2019, Dassault System.
Another misunderstanding is that gamification must be computer-based. This may be true at one time, but the computer has become very everywhere so that they are no longer needed as the main source of information for students.
Because technology changes the world in many ways, it makes sense that teachers will adopt educational technology trends in their classrooms. The internet and virtual reality that arise, in particular, have many applications for classrooms. In addition, this technology trend has the potential to dramatically impact future education.